Monday -Friday (8.50am- 2.30pm)
Please check calendar for school holiday periods.
Below you’ll find our blog with lots of pictures and news of what we have all been up to throughout the school year. Use the menu above to find out more information about our school and our school community.
Posted inSt. Oliver's N.S.|Comments Off on Happy to Learn Together at St. Oliver’s N.S.
On Monday 2nd class prepared the pancake mix for cooking pancakes on Pancake Tuesday. In class after lunch the children cooked and flipped their pancakes. A lot of skill and technique went into the success flipping of the pancakes. The children really enjoyed eating their pancakes and were excellent at clearing up after themselves.
2nd Class really enjoyed taking part in the Stretch, Little Sunflower programme. Sarah Gilbert is the facilitator for this confidence building course. The course consists of stories about all the different qualities that characters have within a classroom. The children realise that we are all different and all special and that it’s good to be me!!
Junior Infants, Senior Infants and First Class had a very special treat today. Two wonderful chefs – Conor and Caoimhe arrived in our school to make pancakes for us all. They were delicious. We had a brilliant time! Thank you.
5th and 6th class pupils visited our local library in Carlingford. They attended a fantastic talk all about healthy eating and nutrition. It was very informative and enjoyable. There are lots of books at our local library all about healthy eating.
4th and 5th class created their own class rules to keep safe on the internet this week to celebrate Internet Safety Day.
These ten rules should ensure that they all make the best choices online and keep safe.
1. Don’t add people you don’t know as friends online.
2. Don’t talk to or send pictures to strangers online.
3. Don’t share any personal information online. Keep your passwords private.
4. Think before you send any pictures online. Would your Granny approve?
5. Think before you post any comments online. Would your Granny approve?
6. Golden Rule – Be Kind! Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
7. Think about your digital footprint – What type of digital person are you?
8. Put your settings and profile to private.
9. Don’t install apps or games without parental approval.
10. Talk to an adult if you are worried or concerned about anything that happened online.
In groups they then coded stories using Scratch programming to create videos for these rules. We are delighted with our videos, especially as all the coding and story lines were completed in only two hours!
We had an interesting month in JI and SI where we learned about Dinosaurs. We had a great time learning the facts about these creatures. We even used various resources to create our very own dinosaurs. Check out out our photos.
We had a lovely time learning about Winter in JI and SI. We learned about creatures that live in cold places and investigated with ice. We discussed the properties of ice and discovered what happened when ice was brought into a warmer temperature.