Our Mission statement
St. Oliver’s National School is a Catholic primary school, which strives to provide a well ordered, caring, happy and secure atmosphere where intellectual, spiritual, physical, moral and cultural needs of the pupils are identified and addressed.
While St.Oliver’s National School is a school with a Roman Catholic ethos, it also has due recognition for all other religions.
St. Oliver’s National School will strive to promote, within its financial resources both individually and collectively, the professional and personal development of teachers through staff development programmes.
St. Oliver’s National school will encourage the involvement of parents through home/school contacts.
St. Oliver’s National School will endeavour to enhance the self- esteem of everyone in the school community, to imbue in the pupils respect for people and property and to encourage in them the idea of being responsible.
St. Oliver’s National School will promote gender equity amongst the teachers and pupils.
We shall strive to provide a balanced curriculum which follows the principles of the Primary School Curriculum.
- To make learning opportunities challenging and enjoyable.
- To encourage pupils to be self-confident.
- To encourage enquiring minds.
- To encourage pupils to value a non-material dimension to life.
- To encourage activities which allow for friendly rivalry, development of team loyalty, and provide opportunities for leadership.